10th Annual Latino Trendsetter Awards Honors Latino Leaders
The awards celebrate leaders in business, education, entertainment, art, health, community service, and others for their contributions to society.
“They [Latino Trendsetter Award Recipients] are men & women who have developed the characteristics of a leadership mindset,” Juan Guillen, LatinTRENDS founder & CEO, said in a statement. “They have maintained high levels of standards through their actions and deeds. They are influencing the mainstream and they inspire many, including our youth, who will become tomorrow’s Trendsetters.”
The event was co-hosted by Jorge Ramos, New York City’s Telemundo affiliate anchor and New York City’s Univision 41 weather forecaster Nilda Rosario.
“Had an amazing time @ the 10th Annual LatinoTrendsetters Awards…” Sisko Anthony tweeted Tuesday night.
The annual event is an opportunity to recognize Latinos who are influencing and inspiring the people around them.
Award recipient Ivette Fernandez, Director of Community Affairs, in Corporate Diversity at News Corporation tweeted before the ceremony, “I’m excited about receiving a ‘2011 Latino Trendsetter Award…’”
Another award recipient, Lilian Gill shared the following on Twitter,”Thx 4 the LatinoTrendsetterAward #latism GRACIAS 4 this honor.”
You can see the complete list of award recipients below:
- Joe Torres, News Anchor for WABC-TV Channel 7 & host of “Tiempo”
- Tom Llamas, News Anchor for WNBC-TV Channel 4
- April Lee Hernandez, actress & activist
- Monique Manso, Publisher of People En Español
- Ivette Fernandez, Director of Community Affairs, in Corporate Diversity at News Corporation
- Henry Rubio, Principal of A. Philip Randolph High School
- Cesar Beltrán, Vice President of IT (East Region) at Time Warner Cable; Ada Rodriguez, Chief Marketing Officer of Health Plus
- Rosa Ramos-Kwok, Managing Director of Morgan Stanley
- Javier Farfan, Director of Cultural Branding at Pepsi-Cola
- Paloma Izquierdo-Hernandez, President/CEO of Urban Health Plan, Inc.
- David Corona, President of the National Supermarket Association
- Paula Otero, Brand Manager, Amway Hispanic Brand Marketing North America
- Sergio Fernandez de Cordova, Founder of Fuel Outdoor
- Jorge Luis Cacheiro, Chairman of the Dyson College of Arts & Sciences Performing Arts Dept. at Pace University
- Alejandra Castillo, Esq., National Deputy Director of the Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- Liliana Gil, Co-Founder & Managing Partner of the XL Alliance
- Dr. Luz Adriana Matiz, M.D., Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University & Medical Director of Washington Heights Family Care Center
Dos Lives Team
Latest posts by Dos Lives Team (see all)
- Celebrity Phone Hacking Scandal: What is Happening to Prevent This? - September 26, 2014
- General Motors de Mexico President Ernesto M. Hernandez Addresses Michigan Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce - December 15, 2012
- WorldView: Día de los Muertos 101 – What you need for this special day - November 1, 2012