Hide Your Kids, Hide Your Wife, Hide Your Husband, and if You Live in Rural Brazil, Hide Your Farm Animals!
A new study from Brazil has found that men who have sex with animals (SWA) have an increased risk of penile cancer. The study focused on men who live in rural areas of Brazil and 35 percent of the study participants have had sex with animals.
The study, published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Sexual Medicine, found that most men in the study –62 percent – had sex with several animals while 38 percent used the same animal, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Researchers believe that sex with animals causes microtrauma to penile tissue, which could come into contact with animal secretions that are harmful to humans. Many of the men who had sex with animals also had sex with prostitutes, more sexual partners and more sexually transmitted diseases that those who did not.
Interesting facts from the study include:
- The average age of first contact with an animal was 13.5, and the average age of last contact was 17.1.
- Frequency and length of time varied: 14% had sex one time, while 39.5% had it weekly or more and 15% had in monthly.
- For about 80% of the study subjects the episodes lasted anywhere from a year to 26 years, but the average time was about four years.
- As for the kinds of animals the men had sex with, mares were the most common, followed by donkeys, mules, goats, chickens, calves, cows, dogs, sheep and pigs.
Thirty U.S. states have enacted laws that prohibit sexual contact between humans and animals, according to Michigan State University College of Law as reported by LiveScience.
“We know that in rural zones of our country, and probably worldwide, young men have sexual experiences with domestic animals,” said lead author Stênio de Cássio Zequi, a urologist in São Paul. Men who have sex with animals in developing countries are usually poor and illiterate, with little or no access to hygiene, health care or the Internet, Zequi said. The opposite is true in developed countries such as the U.S., where SWA seems to occur in the educated population.
Penile cancer is cancer of the tissue of the penis.Tell us what you think in the comments below or on:
Latest posts by Jon (see all)
- Most Popular Pandora Stations in New York City - October 7, 2014
- Pitbull – Como Yo Le Doy ft. Don Miguelo - October 5, 2014
- Rosie Perez Talks about Co-hosting “The View” on the Wendy Williams Show - October 2, 2014