NBC News Announces English-Language Latino News and Lifestyle Site, www.NBCLatino.com
NBC News announced Thursday that it is launching a new English-language Latino news and lifestyle website called NBCLatino.com. The website will focus on news, information and lifestyle content and offer Hispanic angles on big general market stories.
“Even though there are players in the space, we want to create a unique space and really tap into that pride that American Hispanics feel for their culture,” said Chris Peña, executive editor of NBCLatino.
The team already has a Tumblr blog at nbclatino.tumblr.com and the full website will launch in early 2012.
“It’s not about telling Latino stories or covering Latino stories because the reality is that what Latinos worry about is what everyone worries about,” Peña said. “It’s about the economy, it’s about jobs, it’s about education, it’s about health and immigration is somewhere in their and we’ll cover immigration when it is a news topic, but immigration is not what’s always front and center for us”
Mobile is a priority for the team and the site will be optimized for mobile users and will use HTML 5.
In addition to writing for the site, NBCLatino.com contributors will appear on other NBC programs.
- Chris Peña, Executive Editor
- Betty Cortina, Consulting Senior Web Producer
- Maria Eugenia Alcon, Deputy Editor
- Nina Terrero, Web Producer
- Adrian Carrasquillo, Web Producer/Social Media
- Sandra Lilley, Web Producer
- Kristina Puga, Web Producer
Latest posts by Jon (see all)
- Most Popular Pandora Stations in New York City - October 7, 2014
- Pitbull – Como Yo Le Doy ft. Don Miguelo - October 5, 2014
- Rosie Perez Talks about Co-hosting “The View” on the Wendy Williams Show - October 2, 2014