We’re Looking for Fall Interns!
DosLives.com is looking for students or recent graduates with an entrepreneurial spirit, creative story-telling abilities and passion for Latino culture to join the Dos Lives team. Whether your interest is in journalism or marketing, we have part-time and full-time non-paid internship opportunities that will help you gain experience, exposure to the industry and provide networking opportunities.
The Dos Lives environment is much like that of a start-up. Our interns gain hands-on experience generating story leads, producing multimedia stories and participating in all aspects of the editorial process. Marketing interns will be responsible for managing the site’s social media channels, identifying digital trends and creating marketing materials, among other opportunities.
Interns work remotely and have regular meetings with editors, team members and “Lunch and Learn” sessions on a variety of topics to compliment assignments and classroom experience, while preparing you for your future career. In addition to DosLives.com, some of our content is available on Google News and MTV through syndication agreements.
Priority is given to applicants who apply before the internship deadlines, but applications are accepted year-round. Students of all majors are welcome to apply; however, students with backgrounds in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing are preferred.
• Strong writing skills are a “must have” for this position
• Experience with digital communications and social media
• Self-starter; independent worker who takes initiative where appropriate and asks for help when needed
• Experience in web production, data visualization, publishing and writing for the web
• Experience shooting and producing original video content (preferred)
• Strong news judgment skills will be needed for monitoring the wires, web and partners for content
• Knowledge of Spanish language and U.S. Latino/Latin American culture (preferred)
Fall Internship September – December; Application deadline: August 24, 2012
Winter Internship January – April; Application deadline: December 14, 2012
Summer Internship May – August; Application deadline: April 5, 2013
Please send any questions along with your resume, cover letter and any writing/video samples to Jon Byington (jon.byington[at]DosLives[dot]com).