TONY BENNETT: VIVA DUETS Features Duets with Top Latin Artists
Bennett’s Latest CD Features Duets with Top Latin Recording Artists Including Marc Anthony, Roberto Carlos, Gloria Estefan, Vicente Fernandez, Juan Luis Guerra, Romeo Santos, Thalia and more!
Legendary performer and 17-Time GRAMMY winner Tony Bennett, who celebrates his 86th birthday on Friday releases his latest CD, TONY BENNETT: VIVA DUETS, worldwide on Tuesday, October 23rd on Columbia Records.
VIVA DUETS, is the singer’s third duets-themed project, following the platinum selling and critically praised DUETS and DUETS II CDs. Featuring many top names in the Latin recording industry, VIVA DUETS finds Bennett performing his greatest hits with a celebrated roster of artists including Marc Anthony, Miguel Bose, Robert Carlos, Ana Carolina, Chayanne, Franco DeVita, Gloria Estefan, Vicente Fernandez, Maria Gadu, Juan Luis Guerra, Dani Martin, Romeo Santos, Thalia and Vicentico, with additional duet guests to be announced.
A truly international endeavor, VIVA DUETS, features performances in English, Spanish and Portuguese with artists representing eight countries and three continents. TONY BENNETT: VIVA DUETS can be ordered for pre-sale on Amazon now at http://amzn.to/OptuTc. In celebration of Tony’s 86th birthday on August 3rd, he is sending a gift to all his fans by premiering the first audio clip from Viva Duets featuring a performance with Chayanne of his classic hit, “The Best is Yet To Come.” Visit tonybennett.com tomorrow morning at 9 am (ET) to hear the duet!
Tony Bennett is known for recording duets live and VIVA DUETS was no exception, with sessions recorded in Ft. Lauderdale, New York, and in the case of famed Mexican performer Vicente Fernandez, on his 400 acre ranch in Guadalajara. All of the tracks are from Bennett’s extensive hit catalog, with the exception of the duet with Vicente Fernandez, which features an English/Spanish version of the song, “Return To Me,” originally recorded by Dean Martin. VIVA DUETS presents Bennett’s classic songs with an international flavor that will generate widespread appeal for this unique multi-lingual presentation. Working with this unprecedented list of Latin artist, many of whom he met for the first time in the recording studio, Bennett commented, “Each of these artists were so warm and welcoming that there was an instant rapport. Latin music has always been about melody and harmony and a lot of soul, so there was a very close artistic connection with each duet guest. I am absolutely thrilled about the record.”
Tony’s first two duet projects, DUETS and DUETS II, both achieved platinum sales, multiple GRAMMY awards and were the best selling albums in his career to date. Bennett made music industry history when DUETS II entered Billboard’s Top 200 at the #1 position, making him the oldest artist, at the age of 85, to have a CD in the top spot. The DUETS project also had international acclaim, hitting the top of the charts in several countries including Portugal and Mexico.
The current track listing for TONY BENNETT: VIVA DUETS is as follows:
- “For Once In My Life” with Marc Anthony
- “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore” with Miguel Bose
- “The Very Thought of You” with Ana Carolina
- “The Best Is Yet to Come” with Chayanne
- “The Good Life” with Franco DeVita
- “Who Can I Turn To?” with Gloria Estefan
- “Return to Me (Regresa A Mi)” with Vicente Fernandez
- “Blue Velvet” with Maria Gadu
- “Just in Time” with Juan Luis Guerra
- “Are You Havin’ Any Fun?” with Dani Martin
- “The Way You Look Tonight” with Thalia
- “Cold, Cold Heart” with Vicentico
- (Song selections for Roberto Carlos and Romeo Santos TBD)
Photos: RPM/COLUMBIA RECORDSTell us what you think in the comments below or on:
Dos Lives Team
Latest posts by Dos Lives Team (see all)
- Celebrity Phone Hacking Scandal: What is Happening to Prevent This? - September 26, 2014
- General Motors de Mexico President Ernesto M. Hernandez Addresses Michigan Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce - December 15, 2012
- WorldView: Día de los Muertos 101 – What you need for this special day - November 1, 2012