Univision 2013 Upfront Presents Multiplatform Portfolio
Jon | On 16, May 2013
The 2013 Univision Upfront was full of new programs and the last two years has been a busy time for Univision. The company has launched three new cable networks, including Univision Deportes Network (sports), Univision tlnovelas (telenovelas) and ForoTV (news); UVideos – the first bilingual digital video network with the most comprehensive social experience available in any language; a joint venture with ABC to launch an English-language news and lifestyle cable network called Fusion; the Uforia music service; and a slate of original digital content – including Flama, a new digital destination with original video content for Hispanic millennials.
Key highlights from Univision’s Upfront presentation include:
- New Blockbuster Telenovelas on the Univision Network – Univision will unveil two new telenovela productions, including “La Tempestad” (The Storm) which is one of the largest and most ambitious shows ever produced by Televisa, starring Latin heartthrob and crossover star William Levy and former Miss Universe Ximena Navarrete. “La Tempestad” will bring the meaning of multiplatform to a new level, with parallel television, digital and social media storylines – driving audiences to multiple places to uncover all of the sultry details. “Mentir para Vivir” (Lie So You Can Live), starring leading man David Zepeda and beloved actress Mayrín Villanueva, is an action-packed drama. Delivering unique multiplatform experiences, fans will be glued to the television as well as their second and third screens, as David Zepeda guides audiences through the storyline with clues and behind the scenes content via UVideos and social media platforms that will drive engagement and buzz.
- Spotlight On UniMás – Univision’s second broadcast network, rebranded UniMásearlier this year, has carved a new niche in the Univision portfolio and has quickly become the new home for young Hispanics, with all of the edgy and sports-focused content this demographic craves. Aimed at a new generation of Latinos looking for something more than the status quo, UniMás is feeding the hunger of the Hispanic male 18-34 population – which has grown 26 percent in the last decade, far outpacing non-Hispanic males aged 18-34 which only grew 3 percent. This year’s Upfront presentation includes more content than ever for UniMás, including “La Viuda Negra” (The Black Widow), based on the dramatic true-life story of one of the biggest drug lords in Miami in the 1970s and 1980s; a new soccer-themed series called “La Selección” (The Team); “Gossip Girl Acapulco” based on the scandalous lives of Acapulco’s elite; and “Metastasis,”based on the critically acclaimed American series “Breaking Bad.”
- Ramped-Up Sports Programming – With U.S. Hispanics’ passion for sports stronger than ever, Univision Deportes is ramping up efforts to acquire rights to more teams and sports properties, and will air more live soccer for the 2013-14 season than any other sportscaster, regardless of language. With the addition of the recently launched Univision Deportes Network– which reached the 23 million subscriber milestone faster than any other Spanish-language sports network – and the Company’s extensive digital sports platforms, Univision Deportes has more real estate than ever before to meet the needs of Hispanic sports fans. This summer Univision Deportes will solidify its place as the home of sports for Hispanics, with more rights to Liga MX matches than any other media company in the U.S. – including “the crown jewel” of Mexican soccer – America, Chivas, Cruz Azul and Pumas – the league’s most popular teams. Univision Deportes will also havededicated coverage of marquee international tournaments including the FIFA Confederations Cup, the CONCACAF Gold Cup, and the FIFA U-20 World Cup, as well as highly-anticipated World Cup Qualifiers and friendly matches featuring the U.S. National Team, the Mexican National Team and much more. And next summer will be no different, with the exclusive U.S. Spanish-language rights to the biggest event on the planet: the 2014 FIFA World Cup. In addition, for the first time ever, Univision Deportes has secured a long term agreement for theFormula One World Championship with qualifying races broadcast on Univision Deportes Network, and races on both on UniMás and Univision Deportes Network.
- Increased Opportunities in Cable– Today, Univision Cable Networks includes 10 networks, increasing the opportunities for partners to engage with Hispanic Americans with content focused on sports, music, telenovelas and news. Galavisión, Univision Deportes Network, Univision tlnovelas, ForoTV, De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson, Telehit and Distrito Comedia, offer advertisers more ways than ever to connect with Hispanic consumers in content that speaks to their passions.
Latest posts by Jon (see all)
- Most Popular Pandora Stations in New York City - October 7, 2014
- Pitbull – Como Yo Le Doy ft. Don Miguelo - October 5, 2014
- Rosie Perez Talks about Co-hosting “The View” on the Wendy Williams Show - October 2, 2014
DL Podcast – Univision Boycott, Missing Students in AL, Honduras ban on Ri... October 4, 2011 | Julio
Univision #1 Rated Network Again For Second Night In A Row... December 29, 2011 | Sanders
‘Piolin’ Sotelo Ordered to Pay $100,000 in Lawsuit Legal Fees... June 19, 2014 | Jon
Declaración de Eddie “Piolín” Sotelo August 5, 2013 | Jon
TIPS AND STORY IDEAS
- Got a tip or story idea for the Dos Lives team? Let us know at email@example.com or call us at 917-512-5010.