Discovery en Español rediscovers “Norteamérica”
Jon | On 02, Jul 2013
Discovery en Español premieres the new series Norteamérica (North America), on Monday, July 15 at 8PM E/P and runs through Friday, July 19.
The unprecedented television event rediscovers one of the most diverse, ferocious, and spectacular regions on Earth, where life collides with hostile, untamed wilderness. Divided into five episodes, the series takes viewers on an incredible and surprising adventure to learn more about where we live.
Three years in the making and narrated by popular Mexican presenter, Javier Poza, Norteamérica explores 29 US States and covers from the sub-zero Canadian tundra to the deserts of Mexico. Every night, viewers will be able to visit an array of different destinations including The Everglades, the California coast, Colorado’s Grand Canyon, the mountains of Sierra Nevada and the Sonora Desert, among others, getting to know their impressive geography, vegetation and the wildlife that inhabits these regions and their fight to survive through unforgiving weather and rugged terrain.
“We are proud to offer to our viewers such an epic series, where we explore the land in which we live in and that we don’t necessarily know as well as we think, even though it is right in our backyards. It is an invitation to get to know like never before and in such an intimate way this unpredictable and diverse area that holds such extreme conditions and that many of us call home”, Bilai Joa Silar, Vice President of Content, Discovery en Español said in a company statement.
Interesting Facts about Norteamérica:
- To bring the series to fruition, the production crew spent 2,830 days on location on 250 separate expeditions,
- The crew utilized eleven different types of cameras to shoot more than 850 hours of footage and close to 110 animal species.
- The crew used ultra-high-speed cameras and teams equipped with night viewing devices that allowed them to capture behaviors never seen before on television, from the elusive desert jaguar in Mexico to daring grizzly bears diving in more than 20 feet of water to grab salmon in Alaska.
All images courtesy Discovery.Tell us what you think in the comments below or on:
Latest posts by Jon (see all)
- Most Popular Pandora Stations in New York City - October 7, 2014
- Pitbull – Como Yo Le Doy ft. Don Miguelo - October 5, 2014
- Rosie Perez Talks about Co-hosting “The View” on the Wendy Williams Show - October 2, 2014