Wendy Williams’ Wig and More Headed to Smithsonian
Jon | On 08, Feb 2014
Wendy Williams made television history Friday when she became the first talk show host to donate items from her show to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History!
“I’m so proud to host this messy little talk show,” Williams told The NY Daily News. “And I’m thrilled to bits that one of America’s most revered institutions — that I went to as a child! — deems me worthy enough to preserve this little bit of history for everyone to share.”
Items headed to the Smithsonian include:
- Williams’ bedazzled pink microphone.
- The purple Tadashi dress and Christian Louboutin heels she wore in the show’s first promotional photo shoot.
- A wig and accompanying pink wig head.
- The light-up “diva fan” boasting Williams’ signature catchphrase (How you doin’?).
- A script from the show’s 500th episode.
The objects will join the museum’s entertainment collection, which already includes items like Dorothy’s ruby slippers from “The Wizard of Oz,” and Kermit the Frog.
How you doin’ Wendy!?Tell us what you think in the comments below or on:
Latest posts by Jon (see all)
- Most Popular Pandora Stations in New York City - October 7, 2014
- Pitbull – Como Yo Le Doy ft. Don Miguelo - October 5, 2014
- Rosie Perez Talks about Co-hosting “The View” on the Wendy Williams Show - October 2, 2014